Saturday, May 26, 2007

Point/Counterpoint

VERY quick post as it is saturday and I am in work (Taco Bell has the ebays obviously).

I've been avoiding the stache as much as possible. You all probably think I'm a dick for hating him so much, but seriously I'm this close to exploding. I have a family history of high blood pressure and alcoholism and this is the last thing I need. The jury is in, my coworkers can't stand him even remotely either.

However, a different school of thought has arisen from my coworkers on how to deal with him. In a recent Bill Simmons article, Bill brings up this quote:

In "Crimes and Misdemeanors," Alan Alda's character defines comedy as equaling
"tragedy plus time."


My coworker Tim has similar thoughts. He is saying that I should spend as much time as possible with the stache now, because despite how much it sucks, the stories that will come from it and the bonding I'll experience with other coworkers as a result of mutual hatred of him, far surpasses the current negatives. Interesting point. I will dwell on it.

No comments: