Monday, April 23, 2007

In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Quick post with first impressions from my day in Milwaukee. I am actually in Brookfield which is a western suburb of Milwaukee. As far as I can tell, there's nothing here except for chains and malls. I work across the street from a mall and the closest restaraunt is a Buttfuckers (read: Fuddruckers). The workday is normally 7:45-4:15 here. 4:15!!!! Can you imagine getting out that early! Holy crap!

My apartment here is real nice. Fully furnished, with everything, huge bedroom, my own bathroom with 2 sinks, a completely useless loft, a balcony with no grill. I have a roomate here. His name is Matt and he is from the Phoenix office. He is 23 years old, went to Stanford and sports a moustache with no sense of hilariousness or irony. It's just there to make him look good. Seriously. No, really. In fact, he kind of looks like this:




Anyway, he's a really really nice guy, couldn't be more kind and in his spare time he said he "likes to go to Barnes and Noble and read books" so we should have a lot to uhhhhhh talk about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mad props to the wayne's world reference! what the world needs now is a little more of that

Anonymous said...

Good post.