Sunday, April 15, 2007

Chicago Cubs: Cubs vs. Reds at Wrigley Field April 15th, 2007

So since I live in Wrigleyville and will be going to 11 or 12 Cubs games this year, I've decided to document each game in this blog. None of these posts will be particularly funny, unless if you find the Cubs to be comically bad, but this will be the only way I can remember all of these games. That probably means I will write a lot of these summaries drunk. Fun!

Today was Jackie Robinson day at Wrigley Field as well as every baseball stadium in America. This was very moving for me because they handed out pamphlets about Robinson to every fan and when I had a snot rocket in the 5th inning I was able to use the trivia page in the pamphlet as a tissue. I'm not sure what I would have done without Jackie Robinson. Legendary.

Today's opponent for the Cubs was the Cincinnati Reds. I thought the "Reds" is a ridiculously stupid nickname, until I saw their logo:



Ken Griffey Jr. prefers you call the team "Commies"


So anyway, I have nothing interesting to say about this game because the final score was 1-0 Reds and the Cubs sucked balls. Well everyone except for Theriot, who has three hits. Fun fact about Theriot's name: everyone pronounces it "Terrio" but I have decided it's supposed to
be pronounced "The Riot" and I think this is my decision so CALL HIM THE RIOT.

Cubs record in 2007 when I am in attendance: 0-1.

Pitchers:
Cubs - Ted Lilly
Commies - Ryan Lohse

Singer of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame": Brady Quinn (so hot!)

No comments: