Monday, July 9, 2007

Old Style Bombers Games 1 and 2

So similarly to the Cubbies update, I have decided to keep a running log of all of the softball games that we play with our team The Old Style Bombers®. Our team is pretty kick ass, none of us played competitive baseball or softball in high school, except maybe Vince, I can't remember. So we play every sunday. My natural position is center field, left center or right center. That's called versatility folks. I generally hit in the middle of the lineup, but I vow to improve this year. I want to lead our league in VORP or some other stat that only super nerds understand.



I would just like to say that if anyone heckles me in centerfield, that's just fine. I will find it hilarious. It will not bother me at all, in fact I might even feed off of it. And I'm not even getting paid to do this. So if you want to heckle me, I'm not a giant pussy, so that's ok.

So game 1 we kind of needed to get the rust out. The Old Style Bombers™ just needed to get the kinks out. In fact, I don't really even remember what happened in the first game, except that I did shitty at bat and we lost.

Game 2 is where the fun begins. We were a bit dishevelled in the game. Had some people barefoot, some in jeans, some in clubbing outfits, 1 in a dress; basically we looked like a fun baseball team should. Here were some quotes provided by our catcher, we'll call her Aron, that the other team said: "what is going on with this team, they're wearing jeans, they don't have shoes, they're drinking beer, but they're actually not that bad
they're really laidback we should come out to play like they do"

So we picked up the momentum a little bit and actually had a come from behind tie. Not too bad. Even my bat got a little hot.

MVP of the day: Aron and her .750 batting average while wearing a dress and flip flops. Truly this is a team Old Style Bombers¡ performance for the ages.

Record: 0-1-1

No comments: