Monday, June 18, 2007

Cubs vs Mariners June 13, 2007

This was the only game of the year that we didn't have bleacher seats and had normal seats and boy it was a beautiful night. Since this game was already almost a week ago I won't say much. But I will say this: the infamous DTD was back in town and joined us for the game. Here's a picture of what he looks like these days:



Anyway, it was a royally fun game, lots of action and Sean Marshall pitched well. When I was in the bathroom I overheard the following quote on the bathroom radio from Ernie Banks: If the Cubs win I'm gonna buy everyone in the stadium Cubcakes.

Well I'm still waiting Ernie.

Also, we got to see Ichiro play. I really wish Ichiro were American and not Japanese, because this guy is literally the Hibachi! of baseball. Favorite Ichiro quotes:

  • On breaking out of a hitting slump: "Yesterday, I ate two ice creams," he said through an interpreter. "Usually I only eat one."
  • On fans at Wrigley: "Before the game started, the fans were nice and polite, and that was nice," Ichiro said. "But after the game started and they started drinking beer, lots of beer, their personality changed. And that was fun for me to see."
and the best one
  • On the city of Cleveland: "To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to," Ichiro said through an interpreter. "If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying."

Final Score: Cubs 3 - Mariners 2

Cubs record in 2007 when I am in attendance: 3-3

Starting Pitchers:
Cubs - Sean Marshall (he's the new Glendon Rusch, we always see him. Except he gets wins on rare occasions rather than never.)
Mariners - Jorge Batista

Singer of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" - Ernie Banks

1 comment: