Monday, September 24, 2007

Cubs vs Pirates September 23, 2007

Sooooooo sad but sooooooooo happy was this game. Sad because it was the last Cubs home game of the year. Happy because the Cubs won 8-0 and it's looking like maybe we could be... um... maybe... dare I say... PLAYOFF BOUND? At this point the Cubs sit with a 3 game lead over the Brewers with only one week left of games to play. Things are lookin' pretty good...but it's the Cubs, so I'm not crowning anybody's ass yet. You never know what's gonna happen.




So last home game of the season, we park ourselves in Left Field one last time and watch Soriano milk the crowd. This beautiful, beautiful man has been very, very good as of late. He had some hits, Derrek Lee hit a homer, Ronny Cedeno (?!) of all people went 3-4 with a home run raising his average from -.146 to something positive I think. Geovany Soto continues to look kind of bad ass at the catcher spot and even had some nice throws to pick off base stealing assholes.


File Photograph (read: gross Italian Stereotype) of Geovany Soto

So I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. The Cubs have had some crazy victories, it's been the most fun season I can remember since 2003 (I know that was soooo long ago). So... Go Cubs Go!

Final Score: Cubs 8 - Pirates 0

Starting Pitchers:
Cubs: Carlos Zambrano
Pirates: Tom Gorzellany

Singer of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame": The Cubs grounds crew (awwwww!)

No comments: